The Croton-on-Hudson Auxiliary Police Association is currently recruiting new members.
Do you have a few hours a month to volunteer? Would you like to experience the pride and satisfaction of serving the community and working in law enforcement? Consider joining the Auxiliary Police. Be part of the solution.
Typical Assignments for Auxiliary Police Officers:
- Traffic Control
- Vehicular and foot patrol
- Crown control at large community events
- Storm and weather related emergency response
No experience in law enforcement is necessary. This is an unpaid, volunteer position. The Croton Police Department provides your training:
- 160 hour training course given at the County Police Academy in Valhalla
- Additional training in traffic/crowd control, defensive tactics prisoner restraint, first aid, and radio communications
- All uniforms and equipment are provided free of charge
- Must be 18 years of age at time of application
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have no criminal record and pass a background investigation
- Must have a valid NYS Drivers License
- Must be in good physical health and able to perform the requirements of the job
We welcome inquiries about our Association and the services we provide. For additional information or to request an application please contact Lt. John Nikitopoulos at 914-271-5177 or firstname.lastname@example.org.